The church of San Frediano di Mommialla is documented beginning from the late 13th-early 14th centuries as Ecclesia de Mamaglia. Two centuries later the ecclesiastical building would appear to have lost its function: in 1576 the church was used as a warehouse, a sign that the population, perhaps reduced, traveled for the functions. However, at the end of the 16th century it seems still to have been well preserved in its main structures, as can be seen from the drawing of San Friano A momialla on one of the maps by the Capitani di Parte Guelfa. During the 17th century, the house annexed to the church collapsed, to be rebuilt only in the 19th century. The church therefore must have followed the same destiny, that is, a slow decline and deconstruction of the building, beginning at least in the 17th century. Archival photos from the last century document the church as a ruin. The few images in which we can still see intact the portal, one of the single-lancet windows, and the stone altar, however, allow us to imagine its original appearance. The church consisted of a simple rectangular hall with masonry in squared rough-hewn limestone blocks, set in horizontal, parallel lines. The masonry was produced with a certain regularity, and to this were connected the openings that used well-squared ashlars for the archivolts, a monobloc for the single-lancet window, and blocks in rounded arches for the façade portal. The upper part of the façade was decorated with a cruciform opening, whereas inside, the flat wall at the back was adorned by only the central lancet window and the altar, a stone table supported by two-tone bands (gabbro and travertine), today lost. The renovated church is now recognizable in the building of a lodging facility ("Alessandra Apartment"). We can see a drawing in a late 16th-century map in which it still seems well preserved in its main structures..