From at least 1451 the Verrocchio family had owned a house at the crossroads of Via dell’Agnolo and "Via Pentolini sive Malborghetto" (today's Via de’ Macci). Here Andrea del Verrocchio lived at least until 1470. Adjacent to the house, or at any rate in the close vicinity, was his shop, in which Leonardo too worked, his presence being documented at least in 1476. At a later time Andrea «rented a shop with several rooms» in another quarter, probably behind the Cathedral, in a building owned by the Bischeri family, where Michelozzo and Donatello had had shops in the past.
Alessandro Vezzosi, in collaboration with Agnese Sabato / English translation by Catherine Frost