The Baptism of Verrocchio, as the painting now in the Uffizi is usually called, shows the participation of Leonardo in the landscape, in the angel on the left and in other details. It comes from the church of San Michele in Piazza San Salvi, the only church outside the city's walls that was not razed to the ground during the siege of 1529.
The building retains its Romanesque layout, with the sixteenth-century addition of a portico with three front arcades and one side arcade. Noteworthy are a sculpture attributed to Orcagna in the right transept, two bas-reliefs by Benedetto da Rovezzano in the fourteenth-century cloister and the Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto in the refectory. The polyptich of the Blessed Humility by Pietro Lorenzetti has been moved from the church to the Uffizi