X

Fondazione Rossana & Carlo Pedretti

The mission of the Rossana and Carlo Pedretti Foundation is to continue the extraordinary work conducted by Prof. Carlo Pedretti (1928–2018) – one of the leading scholars on the life and achievements of Leonardo da Vinci – and to conserve the historic, cultural and artistic legacy of the foundation that he created in 2015.
The Villa di Castelvitoni (near the town of Lamporecchio), formerly the residence of Prof. Pedretti, is now the seat of the foundation and also houses the Pedretti Library and Archive.
In the pursuit of its objectives the foundation has established a second seat in the town of Vinci, acquiring and renovating the Villa Baronti-Pezzatini, which will now serve as a venue for temporary exhibitions, special events, conferences, and teaching activities. Situated in the historic town centre, the villa is surrounded by a beautiful garden and looks out on a square named after Carlo Pedretti that has been decorated with a mosaic inspired by the famous Sala delle Asse in the Castello Sforzesco and a fountain realized by the architect Oreste Ruggiero based on an idea of Carlo Pedretti.
The Villa Baronti-Pezzatini was inaugurated by the Pedretti Foundation on 15 December 2018 with an exhibition entitled “Leonardo Drawn by Hollar” (16 December 2018 – 5 May 2019). It will be followed by other exhibitions organized in collaboration with various public authorities, private organizations and Italian and international sponsors.

Texts by
Alessandro Vezzosi, in collaboration with Agnese Sabato / English translation by Lisa Chien
Related resources
Gallery
Related resources
Gallery